Parks and Recreation Facilities Information
PARKS & RECREATION FACILITIES
The following recreation facilities are located in, and operated by, the City of Green Cove Springs.
- Spring Park, 229 Walnut Street - A beautiful park located along the St. Johns River, one block east of City Hall, it features playground equipment, picnic facilities, gazebo, a spring-fed swimming pool, and the City Pier. Reservations for park shelters and the pool may be made by contacting Julie Clevinger or Kimberly Thomas (information listed at the bottom of this page). For more information, click here.
- City Pier - The Pier, located at the east end of Walnut Street, is a 500 foot pier with 12 boat slips. Water and electric are available for a nominal fee. A two-night minimum stay is also available for a fee. For more information, click here.
- Augusta Savage Friendship Park - The park, located at the corner of Walburg Street and Pine Avenue on a beautiful oak shaded lot, has a playground designed for younger children and families. For more information, click here.
- Vera Francis Hall Park, 1400 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd - The park, located at the west end of Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., backs up to Governors Creek. Reservations for park shelters and the pool may be made by contacting Julie Clevinger or Kimberly Thomas (information listed at the bottom of this page). For more information, click here.
- Thomas Hogans Memorial Gym - The Gym, located at 415 Lemon Street, is part of the Augusta Savage Arts & Community Center. Hours of Operation: Open Thursday - Tuesday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., including Saturday and Sunday. Closed Wednesday. For more information and to make a reservation, click here.
- City Pool - Part of Spring Park, and continuously fed with water from the Spring. Click on the link for hours of operation, fees, and more information on the City Pool. All Reservations for the Pool and Summer Passes are handled at City Hall, 2nd Floor.
- Augusta Savage Arts & Community Center - 1107 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and 415 Lemon Street, site of the Thomas Hogan Memorial Gym. Augusta Savage ACC / Hogans Gym Sports Waiver
- Magnolia Park - Located on Harbor Road, across from the entrance to Magnolia Point.
1. Hand-delivered to City Hall, 2nd Floor.
2. After hours, hand-delivered, to the attention of the City Clerk, to City Hall in the night drop-box located at the drive-thru.
3. Mail to: City Hall
Attn: Park Reservations
321 Walnut Street,
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
NOTE: If someone comes in to make a reservation between the time you mail your paperwork and the time it is received, that reservation will take precedence. ALL paperwork AND payment must be received to process and confirm a reservation. Faxed forms are not accepted.
***Park Reservation Application
***Park Indemnification Agreement
***Both the Reservation Application and Indemnification Agreement, along with the reservation fee(s), must be submitted in order to confirm a reservation.
All Reservations must be made at least seven (7) calendar days, but no more than six (6) months, in advance. Please note when making reservations that City Hall is closed on Fridays.
***General Park Information
This link provides further general information for Spring Park and Vera Francis Hall Park including estimated available seating at each Shelter.
For the current schedule of reservations, click on the Parks and Recreation Calendar to your left.
Reservation Fees (cash, check, or money order only):
NOTE: NEW FEES EFFECTIVE 06/20/17.
Spring Park - (G) Gazebo - $400 (5-hour time block - any block of 5 hours)
(PP) Pool Pavilion - $400 (5-hour time block - any block of 5 hours)
(LP) Large Pavilion - $200
(SP) Small Pavilion - $100
(LPS) Large Picnic Shelter - $75
(SPS-A) Small Picnic Shelter (A) - $50
(SPS-B) Small Picnic Shelter (B) - $50
Pool - $200 (2-hour time block & includes 2 Lifeguards)
(Pool reservations are allowed from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
A Reservation for the Pool Pavilion requires a $250 Refundable Clean-up Deposit.
A Reservation for the Pool requires a $75 Refundable Clean-up Deposit.
All refunds will be processed and mailed to the address on the first page of the Park Reservation Application form within 10 business days after City approval.
Vera Francis Hall Park - Amphitheater - $400
Picnic Shelter (A) - $75
Picnic Shelter (B) - $75
Softball Field - $200 (All Reservations)
Reservation Fees are non-refundable. However, reservations may be re-scheduled provided no reservations have already been made for the date, time, and shelter(s) desired.
***** NEW *****
Credit Card payments for Park Reservations are now accepted for hand-delivered Applications only!
There is a 2.4% convenience fee or a $2.00 minimum fee for credit card payments.
Cash, Check, or Money Orders are still required for Applications dropped off after hours or mailed.
SUMMER POOL PASSES
The rates are as follows:
Indivdual - Adult = $84
Individual - Active Military / Senior 65+ = $63
Individual - Child (2-17) = $42
Family (5) = $200
Applications are available by clicking one of these links: Individual Family
Remember, children ages 2 and under are FREE!!!
If you have any questions, please contact:
(904) 297-7500, ext. 3320 or email@example.com
(904) 297-7500, ext. 3307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a map of Vera Francis Hall Park.
MAP OF SPRING PARK:
"P" refers to Parking. Please refer to the acronyms above for the shelters.